Aloe vera history and benefits .
Its story 🌱
- The name Aloe vera derives from the Arabic word “Alloeh” meaning “shining bitter substance,” while “vera” in Latin means “true.”
- Appears in Chinese and Sumerian writings around 3000 B.C.
- In the time of the pharaohs the Egyptians idealised aloe vera and called it “the plant of immortality”.
- It can be found written on papyrus describing the anti-inflammatory and pain relieving effects.
- Was named by the pharaoh as the “elixir of eternal life”.
- It is also said that Cleopatra used aloe vera on a daily basis.
- And ,Christopher Columbus, who always tried to carry aloe on his journeys, was attributed the following sentence “All is well: we have aloe on board.”
Let’s get into the science
- The leaf is composed of 3 layers,
- As observed, Aloe vera contains 75 constituents that are potentially active ,enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins,vitamins,salicylic acids and amino acids,hormones.
- Minerals: It provides calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- Hormones: Auxins and gibberellins help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action.
- Amino acids: It provides 20 of the 22 human required amino acids and 7 of the 8 essential amino acids.
- Contains vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains vitamin B12, folic acid, and choline.
Benefits and effects
- Skin:It has been observed to have protective effect against radiation damage.
- Can moisturise the skin without making it greasy,is a super ingredient for sensitive skin.
- The cooling properties of the plant help in soothing redness, infection, rash, and itchiness.
- Diabetes control: Gel intake seems to be helpful to lower blood sugar levels in those with diabetes.
- It might also lower cholesterol levels, as reported in limited studies.
- Constipation: 100 to 200 mL aloe juice or 50 mL of aloe extract daily can be used as a laxative, depending on your age.
- It used in Mouthwash can Improve Dental Health.
- May help Get Rid of Acne Naturally.
- Heartburn relief.
- Is observed to accelerates wound healing.
- Further it has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Aloe is possibly effective for pain, inflammation, and wound healing,Treating Skin Conditions, Such as Psoriasis , therefore shown to help reduce itchiness and inflammation.
- For instance its consumption can cause stomach discomfort.
- It’s leaves contain latex, which comes from underneath the plant’s skin. Many people are allergic to latex.
- Might lower the levels of potassium in the body, further causing irregular heartbeat, weakness and fatigue. Elderly and sick people are generally advised to not consume it.
- It is said that pregnant women and lactating mothers should avoid drinking aloe vera juice due to its irritant qualities.
- The laxative effects of aloe vera can lead to dehydration.
- Therefore as a result we could say that it has more benefits than side effects.
For online certification and courses visit easyshiksha.com
You can find the best fitness tips, natural remedies, healthy food, and many more on nutrivict.com
You may be interested
Streamline Your Daily Tasks with MyGuru AI ChatbotNidhi Sharma - February 8, 2023
In today's fast-paced world, it can be a challenge to stay organized and on top of your daily tasks. With work, family, and social commitments, finding time…
Top 5 Cheap Protein SourcesAvirath Bahule - October 21, 2021
Protein It is an very important nutrient . There are tons of benefits of having a Protein rich diet like Muscle building , Fat loss ,…
Feel Good Yoga : stretches for peace of mind 🌼Avirath Bahule - October 18, 2021
So what is this Feel Good Yoga ? So u must be wondering what is this feel good yoga about . So basically the idea of feel…
Most from this category
Everything about protein shakes for beginners.Shashwati Bhosale - October 15, 2021
Best Diet and Exercises for Self-care and Emotional Stimulus, post Pandemic lifePragya Sanghi - August 13, 2021
Mallakhamb is the king of all workouts.Nidhi Sharma - June 18, 2021
Body Weight Training
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.